I have been absent from the blogging world for quite sometime and it feels like I have been out of touch with my closest friends.Believe you me, that is exactly how I feel. The reason I have been out is because I am in India, enjoying my vacation with family and friends. And when hubs comments about the biting cold in the US, I smugly tell him that it is warm here and how I am glowing(We women never sweat, we glow!)
Coming home is always so special. The familiarity of things, sights and smells and the comparisons that goes on in your head about how things have changed since you were last here are all part of the visit that makes the trip special.
realized observed a few things:
- No matter where your life takes you, YOUR bed (at Mom's place) is the bestest bed in the whole world. You sleep like a baby!
- You will be left speechless, no matter how much you have practiced the 'correct' answer to give when people ask you why you are not pregnant yet :p You just have to grin and bear it.
- You actually have a smile , after fighting with the auto guy over the fare.
- Kurtis are super cool!
- You are still that little girl who can't cook to your mom.(awwww..right? ;))
- How much I have missed the street shopping and the haggling.
- You never have to check the weather channel before you step out of the house, you just open the window and check :)
- How much you miss your hubs when you see couples sharing tender coconut or on the bike zooming past you!
- How rarely you get on FB, because you are busy catching up with all your 'live' friends :p